Linus Torvalds: The King of Geeks (wired.com)

Opšte GNU/Linuks teme nevezane za specifičnu distribuciju. Novosti na stranoj i domaćoj FLOSS sceni.

Moderator: Urednik

Administrator
Administrator

Post Napisano: 21 Mar 2012, 00:19

Danas je izašao jedan vrlo zanimljiv i nimalo dosadan članak o Linusu na Wired.com. :) Možda će naše Mekovce interesovati da je pomenut i Stiv Džobs. ;)

The license plate on Linus Torvalds’ Mercedes SLK convertible says it all. The frame running around the outside of the plate reads “Mr. Linux. King of Geeks.” But the plate itself says “Dad of 3.”

If you meet Linus Torvalds, he comes off as a mild-mannered, down-to-earth Finnish-American. He lives with his wife Tove, three kids, a cat, a dog, a snake, a goldfish, a bunny and a pet rat in a comfortable 6,000 square foot home just north of Portland’s tony Lake Oswego neighborhood. The house is yellow — his favorite color — and so’s the Mercedes.

But he’s not really like any of his neighbors. He drives his Mercedes fast, slamming the car into gear and flooring it. There’s no coaxing, no hesitation. Either the hammer is down, or the car is at rest. And he has an abnormal number of stuffed penguins on his mantle.

He leads a double-life. He’s the kind of guy who plays poker with the guys for a $20 buy-in every couple of weeks. But at the same time, he in charge of Linux, a truly remarkable open-source software development project that over the past two decades has shaken Microsoft and provided the building blocks for internet giants such as Google, Facebook and Amazon.
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/03/mr-linux/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;